“What is the centre round which God’s assembly is gathered? The centre is Christ—the living Stone, as we read in the Epistle of Peter, “To whom coming as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, ye also, as living stones, are built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ” (chap. ii. 4, 5). It is around the person of a living Christ then, that God’s assembly is gathered. It is not round a doctrine, however true; nor round an ordinance, however important; but round a living, divine Person. This is a great cardinal and vital point which must be distinctly seized, tenaciously held, and faithfully and constantly avowed and carried out. “To whom coming.” It is not said “To which coming.” We do not come to a thing, but to a Person. “Let us go forth therefore unto Him” (Heb. xiii.). The Holy Ghost leads us only to Jesus. Nothing short of this will avail. We may speak of joining a church, becoming a member of a congregation, attaching ourselves to a party, a cause, or an interest. All these expressions tend to darken and confuse the mind, and hide from our view the divine idea of the assembly of God. It is not our business to join anything. When God converted us, He joined us by His Spirit to Christ and to all the members of Christ, and that should be enough for us. Christ is the only centre of God’s assembly.”
- Important Blog Update – Please read!
- Stoking the Fires of Prayer and Intercession (especially for those who struggle)
- A Continuing Urgent Call to Prayer and Intercession
- The Return Is Over…but is it?
- The Return – Live Stream (and more)
- 1857 Prayer Revival – Can it Happen Again?
- The Final Call to Repentance and The Return
- PRINCIPLES Book Revisited – (Restored PDFs and serialized audiobook page added)
- The “Love”-“Hate” Relationship – Pt. 3
- Sowing and Reaping – by Dwight L. Moody (free resource added)
Top Recent Views
- Important Blog Update - Please read!
- FREE AUDIOBOOKS
- PRINCIPLES Book (Complete - PDF, mp3 and more)
- On Loving God - by Saint Bernard of Clairvaux (free audiobook)
- PAGAN CHRISTIANITY? - by Frank Viola and George Barna (PDF - sample)
- The Night of Weeping - by Horatius Bonar (free audiobook)
- A First Century Message to Twentieth Century Christians - by G. Campbell Morgan (free audiobook)
Select Audio Posts (Please see “Audio” tab for more selections.)
Resource of the Month